Well, it's officially Fall! We are seeing that some trends that were making their debut last year are now going out of style, and new ones coming in. There are many design trends that we will see this year, starting in the fall and here they are.
1. Dark Paint. There is nothing richer or more classic than a saturated, darker color palette, specifically when applied to a wall color or furnishings. We are also seeing beautiful dark cabinetry, window treatments and decor that really make a statement!
2. Woven Textures. Wicker, wool, and other woven textures will give your space a warm, welcoming and organic appeal. Baskets and woven decor bring the outdoors in and create a rustic, traditional look.
3. Velvet. Velvet is a classic as it gets. The easiest way to incorporate this plush upholstery into your interior is through furnishings and window treatments. Velvet has been around for centuries and creates a timeless, sophisticated look.
4. Blush Color. Soft blush colors are being seen all over the design community and there's a reason why. Soft pinks have a calming effect and create a both feminine and elegant look for an interior space.
5. Brass. Brass is back! We are seeing it presented in more of a bronzed, brushed style as opposed to the shiny golden that was so popular in the 80's and 90's. It seems that this time around, designers have mastered how to incorporate this beautiful finish into their themes.