Interior Design Process – What to Expect
- Initial Consultation: a meet and greet in your home to gather valuable information about your personality, lifestyle, goals and the overall scope of the project.
- Proposal: a written proposal is submitted outlining Kathy’s role, responsibilities and estimated hours it will take to complete the project. A deposit is required at this stage to move the project forward.
- Material Selection: project materials are selected and design scenarios are created for presentation.
- Project Estimate: once the material direction is fine-tuned, a written, detailed estimate of materials and labor is provided. Once approved a 50% deposit is required to get started.
- Purchasing: all pre-approved materials are purchased from reliable vendors. Authentic Home coordinates materials pick-up and delivery to the project site.
- Scheduling: licensed subcontractors or artisans are scheduled for the particular project and briefed on the interior design elements and overall scope of the project.
- Design Layout/Space Planning: if warranted, 3D renderings of a particular project, such as your new kitchen or a tile layout for a new bathroom, are provided.
- Installation: Authentic Home oversees on-site installation of materials. Upon your complete satisfaction with the project, final payment is due.
- Celebration: the project is complete and it’s time to pop the cork and enjoy your new Authentic Home!